Ian Hall from Olympia Cycling Club sent me the following e-mail which is self explanatory. One location I suggested was the #302, starting at LaBroquerie and heading toward Richer, then turn around at an appropriate place.. I decided to post this e-mail for any other ideas that you guys/girls might come up with.
The Olympia Cycling Club is organizing the Provincial Time Trail Championships on August 5th (August long weekend). We haven’t settled on a location yet… I wondered if you/your MIT colleagues might know of some suitable places in/around Steinbach?
We’re looking for:
– a smoothish, quiet stretch of road that is a loop or an out and back of about 12-18km (note: time of day has not been determined – this could be early in the morning, or it could be in the afternoon/after church)
– a start/finish location(s) that could accommodate parking for about 50 people and ideally have a washroom (or could host a porta-potty)
Bonus would be:
– a simultaneous/partner event (like a community festival, etc.) that would like to have a bike race as part of their day
– a community group that would like to use the bike races as a fundraiser or engagement opportunity (bake sale, barbecue, etc.)
– features of interest on the race course (hills, tricky corners, scenic bridges, etc.)
Thanks for your consideration,